Tuesday, March 28, 2017

The Lord's Promises are Sure

Hello Everyone
I'm so grateful for eternal families and the Plan of Salvation. I taught a lot about the Plan of Salvation this week and how our Father in Heaven is a loving and merciful God who wants so much for us to be with him. I'm so grateful for that. 

I guess I'm just reminded that the most important thing in our lives is our relationships with other people. Those are the things we should cherish in life and be grateful for. Those are the things of most worth. I see Brother and Sister Dyck around relatively often and I always ask them to tell the Larsens I love them when they FaceTime with Soren.

Thanks for the Easter gifts! I haven't handed them out yet, but I will relatively soon. 

Sunday (Nedelja) was a good and hard day. I played the piano for Sacrament meeting again, then I was called on to give my talk, then Sestra Orchard and I were teaching district council, so it was busy, but good. We got to sing with Lindsey Walker at the devotional on Tuesday, so that was kind of fun. We sang Savior Redeemer of My Soul and we had Elder Craig Zwick speaking to us. It was awesome. We asked the choir director a few weeks ago if we might be able to sing at conference, but he said it only happens every couple years, so we won't be able to this year. Bummer, but that's okay!
 
I don't really know what has happened this week. It's all been kind of a blur.

Blessings:

I got to see Drew at the temple! It was the highlight of my entire time at the MTC. I woke up that morning (a week ago) feeling that I might see Drew that day, so I kept my eye out for him while I was in the temple, but didn't see him. When Sestra Orchard and I were trying to leave the temple, we got stuck talking to an older gentleman who proceeded to argue with me about the location of the Spokane temple :) It was very silly and strange, but I'm grateful that he kept us in there for a long time, because I walked out at the perfect time to run into my brother. It was a miracle from heaven. I don't know exactly why Heavenly Father gave me that awesome blessing to see and talk with Drew, but I know that Heavenly Father knew that grandpa would be leaving his life on Earth that week and maybe he was just helping me know that He is aware of and loves me. What a tender mercy to get to see a member of my family so that I didn't feel quite so sad at not being able to gather with the entire family for grandpa's funeral.

Sestra Orchard. She's been taking care of me and helping me with my emotional rollercoaster. I'm so grateful for her. 

My teachers. I got dad's DearElder letter at dinner on Monday and then had to go to class right afterward. I couldn't even sing our opening hymn in class without crying, so that wasn't good. Brat Brown took me into another room and just let me talk and cry. Then he told me that we could do whatever I wanted/needed during class. So we went outside and took a walk around the campus. It was raining a bit and then there was a miracle rainbow :) We sat on the rocks outside and read through 3 Nephi 17 (Brat Brown, Staresina Jensen, and I). I was really grateful for teachers who are in tune with the spirit and willing to serve and help me.  Never postpone a prompting from the spirit. I would love to teach here when I come home, but I fear that I may never know the language well enough for that.

Fun things:

Sestra Christenson's birthday was on Tuesday. We planned a surprise picnic lunch for her and we had collected a bunch of sodas and cinnamon rolls (from the giveaway shelf...), so that we could have a real party. I think she had an awesome day so that was awesome. I'll put some pictures of that on my drive. It was definitely a good way to take my mind off myself and focus on serving someone else. 

We're all going a little crazy. Like really crazy actually. I'll put some pictures of our weirdness on my drive as well. I can't think of any specific stories, but it feels like we've been here forever. 

Teaching:

Teaching is really tough for me, but this week went well. We've talked so much about teaching by the spirit and teaching people, not lessons. I prepared some things for TRC last night about trusting that the Lord's promises are sure, I felt like the spirit had directed me to prepare things that were just for the person I was teaching. We read through the story of Peter walking on the water towards our Savior, Jesus inviting him to come, beginning to sink into the water, and the Savior reaching out to pull him up. And we just discussed how it can be difficult to really trust in the Lord's promises, especially when times are hard, but it's the Lord's promises that enable us to stay on top of the water. We are enabled by Jesus Christ. 


I love you all and I'm grateful to be a missionary and to have the chance to represent Jesus Christ and to share his love with the world. I'm especially grateful at this time to know that because of Jesus Christ, we can be with our families forever. Mortal life is not the extent of our existence. I testify that there is much much more beyond our time on Earth. I'm grateful for a Heavenly Father who knows me and loves me and shows me his love each day. He knows and loves you too. In times of trial and struggle, let's turn toward Jesus Christ, not away. Let's trust that his promises are sure. Let's "overcome by faith" 

D&C 76:53. And who overcome by faith, and are sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise, which the Father sheds forth upon all those who are just and true.

No comments:

Post a Comment