Sunday, April 2, 2017

March Madness at the MTC

Zdravo!
I'm so happy to hear the good news about Aunt Sabrina and that Joelle is doing well through her treatment! 

And I'm stoked that grandma's email is set up! Send my email on to her! And I'm thrilled that grandpa's vision is way better now! 

President and Sister Palmer spoke to us in our Tuesday devotional this week! I didn't get a chance to talk with them afterward which is a bummer, but it was so fun to have them. I guess he's actually Elder Palmer now, but I still tend to call him President. They taught about the process of being converted to Jesus Christ and it was a much-needed lesson for me. Teaching has been kind of a struggle for me this week because I feel like I'm just teaching lessons, not people. But President Palmer reminded me that it's not about me! It's about the people who I am trying to help and creating an environment where the Holy Spirit can bear testimony to them of our Heavenly Father's love and plan. So I'm working on it :) 

I had a pretty neat (and difficult) experience yesterday morning. Every week we do TRC which means that a member of the church who speaks the language we're learning comes in and meets with us and we teach them and have a discussion. Well, yesterday we had our very first Skype TRC! Meaning that we skyped a member who actually lives in Slovenia. Joi! I was so nervous, but it turned out awesome! We had a great discussion about how Heavenly Father feels about each one of us. We read about the Prodigal Son in Luke 15 and how the son didn't recognize his own divine nature and potential as a son. Once he realized that he'd made mistakes, he didn't feel worthy to be called a son any longer. He went to his father to ask if he could just be a servant in his father's household, but his father had been hopefully waiting for his son to return that entire time. And upon his son's return, the father ran to him, kissed him, and brought out his best robe, ring, and shoes to celebrate his return. I LOVE THAT. Our Heavenly Father feels that way about us. He wants to give us everything that he has and he will always welcome us with open arms when we turn to him, no matter where we've been or how long we've been away. I'm so grateful for a Father in Heaven who loves me even when I turn my back on him. We felt the spirit testify of how much Heavenly Father loves us. 

That is the truth that has made the most difference in my life - knowing that I am a daughter of God and that He loves me. Life can sometimes (often) feel like a rollercoaster ride of ups and downs, but the downs are so much brighter and the ups more thrilling when I know in my heart how my Father in Heaven feels about me. If you are struggling to know or remember who you are, ask God. He will tell you. He wants you to know how much He loves you and if you kneel in prayer and ask him with sincere desire to know, I promise that He let you feel his love. 

Have I mentioned Friday Night Lights before? Well, a few weeks ago we began a tradition of a Friday night basketball game between the sisters in our district :) It's pretty bad basketball, but we have a good time with it and we have running commentary from Sestra Blake and yours truly while we play. It may not be the greatest workout, but it's good entertainment for the Elders. 

I learned that I'm older than both Brat Brown and Sestra Duffy this week. Weird :) I definitely don't feel older than them. They're very wise and I'm so grateful for all that they and Sestra Burton have taught me.

Please pray that I can learn to trust the Holy Ghost as I teach.

Lots of love,

Sestra Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment