Thursday, March 9, 2017

Week Three in the Missionary Training Center - Hruska

Dobro jutro!

This week has been kind of a blur. It seems like P Day came really fast this time, doesn't it? Heavenly Father is on the ball with looking out for us here. 

And here's something neat I learned yesterday! The Hruska's Kolaches logo has a pear on it, right? Well..the word for pear in Slovene is hruska. Tada! Kolaches are Czech, so I'm sure it's the same word for them.

Big thanks to Nick Putnam for sending cookies via DearElder! That was so thoughtful and all the sisters in my district enjoyed them last week! Thank you so much!

Trevvy Trev, I met Wayde (your BYU police officer) in the MTC cafeteria! He was excited to hear about how you're doing and said he hopes you're well! 

In other news...

Language: 
It's coming very slowly. I just don't have enough vocabulary, so it's frustrating. But Brat Brown had us do an activity yesterday that really boosted my morale. We acted like we were meeting people on the street and they only had 3 minutes to chat. At first we did it in Slovene only and I felt like I couldn't say anything. Then he said that we should try Slovene first, but if we need an English word we could use it. And then I did way better! Even though I hardly used any English haha. It's hard to be guided by the spirit when we're stressed and I've felt stressed a lot, but I'm working on it. 

Lessons:
I had three lessons in a row that totally bombed :It has just been really tough. I don't feel like a good teacher and I don't feel like I do a good job of listening to the Holy Ghost. BUT yesterday I had a lesson that was just awesome. The Spirit was so strong. I taught about our need for Jesus Christ and his atonement. We read some in Alma 42 and then in 2 Nephi 9. I bore my testimony that Jesus Christ makes it possible for us to live with our Heavenly Father again and that Jesus Christ's atonement makes that possible for his mother as well. Loved it.

Sestra Orchard and I got to teach together for the first time! We taught Relief Society. It was awesome (and also difficult) to finally teach with a companion. I loved it. We had an awesome discussion about Enos in the Book of Mormon and how the process of repentance brings us closer to our Savior. 

I'm working on memorizing Ether 12:27 in Slovene this week and I'm definitely seeing my weakness. But Jesus Christ makes us strong! And if we turn our hearts to Him in faith and repentance, He will change us. Repentance is a beautiful gift that enables us to become more like Him. I testify that Jesus Christ lives and He is our Redeemer and through him we can become like our Father in Heaven and live with him again. He loves us! He loves you! And I love you! And I love the people of Slovenia!
 
Love,
Sestra Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment