Monday, February 5, 2018

Miracles in Maribor again!

Miracles in Maribor again!

Lots of good things happened this week, but it all climaxed on Sunday.
Let me back up a few weeks. This all begins with Elder Draxler. he and his wife were living here in Maribor when I first moved here. Elder Draxler always encouraged me to avoid filling up the gas tank at a specific gas station because it was owned by the governent. So in honor with his wishes, I started a habit of using a particular gas station just outside of town. It was perfectly on my way every time I came home from Ljubljana or Zagreb. 

Over the last month, Sister Squires and I have made friends with a man who works in the gas station. It all began with a friendly hello and keeping our hair off our shoulders so he could see our nametags :) We told him who we were and invited him to come to sacrament meeting. After four or five exchanges like this over the period of 7 weeks, we saw a miracle in him walking into the chapel EARLY Sunday morning to join us for sacrament meeting and our 2nd hour. I think that he loved it and he loved what he felt while he was there.

I love the opportunity to take the sacrament and the strength that Jesus Christ can offer us as we humbly desire to change. I feel lighter and more full of love when I take the sacrament with a sincere desire to become more like my Savior and to live a little more like He lives.


Have a great week! Spread a little cheer and give someone a hug from Sister Brown who is far away in Slovenija.

1 comment:

  1. The perfect team to do perfect things! May you be kept safe and free to do wondrous and miraculous acts. Love to you both!

    ReplyDelete