Monday, February 19, 2018

Captured by a Kurent in Ptuj

We went to Pust at Ptuj which is basically a huge celebration to chase away winter. There is a large group of Slovenes in Cleveland actually and they celebrated Pust there this year. We all went as a Slovenian zone for P Day to Ptuj to celebrate and that was really fun.
At PUST, these creatures, called Kurents, dance
 around to chase away winter. 
We need some in Spokane.

Well, the dreaded transfers have come and gone and I have left my beloved Maribor for Ljubljana to be with Sister Jennings. I am sad. I would be lying if I didn't acknowledge that. I think I'm a little heartbroken, in fact. I love the people of Maribor. 

But I have faith that the Lord wants me and needs me somewhere else right now and that He will take care of those people who I love in Maribor. Elder Jensen got to go to Maribor and I have great faith and trust that he will take care of the people who I love there. 

Not a lot of time, but I would just like to say that I believe in Jesus Christ and that I have felt him lifting and supporting me this last week. I have received strength beyond me own to bear up under the burdens I have felt. I know that He will do that for each of us who will sincerely turn to Him and ask. I am grateful for the peace that comes from living like Christ lived. We need peace and He will give it. I love you! 

Keep your chin up and find the joy in the life you're living right now. Someone said at church yesterday that problems are good things because they help us grow. I can't say I'm always grateful for trials in the moment they are happening, but I can say that when I have looked forward with faith through the storms of trial and turned to the Lord, relying on His strength, He has made me stronger and built me up. 


Sestra Stephanie Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment