Monday, June 26, 2017

The Gift of Tongues is Real

Having a new companion is a big adventure! Sestra Crosby is wonderful! I'm so proud of her! She is out on the street every day talking to everyone and being a great missionary. She has such a strong desire to help people and to share with them about our Savior Jesus Christ. I love her!

When I was in Zagreb to pick up sister Crosby last week, I spent a P-Day with the sisters there! One of them misplaced their phones, so we went on a phone hunt all across Zagreb until we eventually ended up in the police station to report it missing. In the police station they questioned and then laughed at why all five of us came together to report one person's missing phone. Hah mission life. We told them we're always together :)

Sestra Crosby and I met someone the street this week who told us how family is really important to them and wanted to meet up with us. We met on Saturday night and taught about the restoration of the fullness of Jesus Christ's gospel to the earth. It was so awesome. I was so nervous because I don't feel very strong in this language still, but the spirit was certainly there and we didn't have perfect understanding, but we understood what Heavenly Father needed us to in order to meet the need. It was so great and I'm so grateful that we chose to stop on the street and talk! This week has really been a testimony to me that the Gift of Tongues is real. I don't understand everything still. In fact, I still don't understand much. But I am able to understand and convey what the Lord needs from me, which is really cool!

We had a really neat experience just this morning as well. We were contacting and we happened to be near the church. We started talking with a woman and ended up inviting her to come see the church. I think I caught her a little by surprise, but before we knew it, we were inside the church and showing her around. I bore my testimony to her of the blessings of the sacrament and my testimony of Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost. And then I just randomly asked her if she'd like to hear one of the hymns we sing before the sacrament. I played As Now We Take the Sacrament and then bore my testimony again of how I feel the Holy Ghost bring peace to my heart and strength each time I take the sacrament. And guess what she said?! She said, "Just like the Holy Ghost is testifying right now." It was so neat!

We had to change our outfits twice yesterday after getting caught in freak flash floods...twice :) The first one was just a little bit after church. We had been out contacting and we were headed home for some Kosilo when we passed by a cafe whose umbrellas had blown over. We stopped to try and help them get them put away, but then the rain started. And by rain, I basically mean that it was a flood. We ran home as fast as we could in our skirts and flats, but I bet we were quite the site to be seen. "Mormon Missionaries Lost in Great Slovenian Flood." :)

I love you all. It's been a good week here in Celje! I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love the chance that I have to repent each day and be changed! Repentance is such a beautiful gift from our Heavenly Father. Don't forget to smile at everyone you see. Everyone can use a smile.

Love,
Sestra Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment