Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Independent of the Circumstances

Hello!

Thank you for the awesome pictures and updates! I got the dress you made for me and it's awesome! I'm wearing it right now. Thanks mom! 

Well, big news! I have just become a trainer. haha aren't I still being trained?  Shouldn't I actually still be in the MTC or something? News for Sestra Crosby's family - I am going to get your daughter from the airport tomorrow and I am SO EXCITED to meet her! I'm sure she's basically coming pre-trained and I'll be learning from her!

We had a branch activity this week where we learned to make homemade lotion, vinegar, and elderflower juice (Sestra Roberts and I taught this one). 

Sister Kanell and I decided to try a new finding technique where we just wait for other people to come up and talk to us and we found it to be pretty successful :) I'm just kidding about this, we're contacting everyone. But we did have a few funny fellas come up to talk with us this week. One man was serenading us with Bob Dylan music. And another man decided it was a good idea to try to hypnotize us in the middle of center. Luckily, neither of us were hypnotized and we made it home without any issues :)

I don't have much time, but I just wanted to share a thought about relying on our Savior. 

In the first and sixth chapters of 3 Nephi we learn about a people who were persecuted for believing in Jesus Christ and believing signs and miracles that had been prophesied. These people received "persecutions and railings" because of their faith but they still chose to look forward with faith in Jesus Christ. I'm probably not explaining this very well because I'm rushing, but the point is that our faith should be independent of the circumstances in which we find ourselves. God loves us. Jesus Christ loves us and came to earth so that we can return home to live with God again and so that we receive all that God wants to bless us with. Sometimes life is really tough, but we can always look forward with faith and hope for better things to come! And we can trust that there is better in the future! In this life and eternity. 

As we learn to rely on Jesus Christ and his strength and mercy, He can and will make us instruments in his hands to do good in the world. I love that! Trust that you can make a difference for others and He will show you how.

Lots of love from this side of the world, 
Sestra Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment