Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Staying in Ljubljana for last 9 weeks


Hello my beloved family! 
I haven't much time today and big things are happening around this country and the entire mission, but I will enlighten you all as to the land where I will live out my dying days and with whom...Lujubljana, Šiška WITH.....SISTER CROSBY :) I am thrilled. Completely. So happy! 
Our investigators are doing well! We had 4 at church yesterday and they all stayed for all three hours which is honestly miraculous. One is getting baptized towards the end of this month and we are really excited for all the others.A few are difficult to teach because all Balkans loves to talk. But it's okay! One mentioned to the Elders on Sunday that he already feels like a member of the branch . So that is wonderful! One chose to fast and said that she could really feel the Lord strengthening her and that she was more in tune to the spirit. So awesome! 

This has certainly been a week of little miracles and seing the Lord's hand and we have loved it! We had a really great experience last night teaching a younger woman who we had found on the street a few weeks back. We were able to take her on a quick tour of the church here in Ljubljana and when we went into the chapel, the spirit was so so strong. She explained her feelings to us as just "very very peaceful." So neat! As we sat together downstairs and shared with her the beautiful message of the restoration of the Jesus Christ's gospel the spirit was once again very very strong. We focused on our divine identity and nature as daughters of Heavenly Father. It was so beautiful. It was so neat to see the spirit touch her and testify to her spirit of the love that God has for her as his beloved daughter. 
It was also a tough week in some ways and I often had the scripture from the New Testament running through my head which says, "And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his (Jesus Christ) name." But I know that as we choose to be faithful through the fire as well as the calm, the Lord is able to work miracles before us. We definitely saw miracles before us this week. 
I know that God lives and that he truly is our father. I know that he loves us and he wants us to feel his love. I know that Jesus Christ is my savior and to me he is the greatest sign of God's love for us. My initial reaction may not be to "rejoice that I am counted worthy to suffer shame," but I am working on it! I truly do rejoice in the great opportunity to serve God and Jesus Christ and to see God's children come to know him. Let the knowledge of your true identity as a son or daughter of God change you. I promise that it can and will if you will let Him show you the great love which he has for you. 
Love, Sestra Brown

1 comment:

  1. Awsome dat y doin im sorry i didnt chek erlier i was bisy hope u great

    ReplyDelete