Monday, October 2, 2017

General Conference Slovenian Style

Dober dan! 

Celje is beautiful at this time of year. The river is a beautiful blus-green and the trees covering the hills are just beginning to change their colors. 

I hope that you had a wonderful and fulfilling weekend! General Conference is one of my favorite weekends of the year. My other favorite happens in April... :) But I've got to say, it made me miss my family. The gospel of Jesus Christ strengthens and brings light to our families - traditional families, ward families, community families, the family of God - and our lives. I felt so much this weekend that God loves us and he wants us to CHOOSE to return to live with him. He has shown us how we can make that choice and that is through His Son, Jesus Christ. Trust in Him and choose to turn to Him! 

Yesterday morning, Sister Crosby and I were walking through the fog in Celje center to get to the church building for conference. It was about 7:30am and we saw just one woman on the street. We stopped to talk with her and tell her that God has a prophet on the Earth today and invited her to come with us to conference. And what's amazing? She did! And she loved it! She loved it because she could feel God's love for her.

For the last 6 months, we've been having a friend attend our English Group every week on Thursday who has never been comfortable praying there before (we always pray at the beginning and the end). It was SO NEAT last week when I asked someone to give the opening prayer, this friend volunteered to give the closing prayer. And prayed from the heart and it was beautiful. I believe that God is listening when we pray to him. 

A friend who has never accepted our invitation to come to church before, came to general conference this weekend and had an opportunity to feel the Holy Ghost and to feel God's love for her. 

I love you! I hope that you can feel your Father in Heaven's love for you! And I hope that you can help someone else to feel his love for them this week! 

Keep looking up! And come listen to a prophet's voice: https://www.lds.org/general-conference?lang=eng

Love,

Sestra Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment