Monday, May 22, 2017

Ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led

Dobro Jutro!

I think this may have been the strangest week I have yet experienced in the mission field. So, we're trying to flood Slovenia with The Book of Mormon, right? So I've been contacting people on the streets and introducing them to the Book of Mormon. On Tuesday we met a man on the street. He began talking to us in English when he learned that we were from America. Super nice of him. He shared his testimony of Jesus Christ and he was super excited to talk to us. It was awesome! So naturally, I wanted to return the favor by sharing with him something that has changed and blessed my life! Center Stage: The Book of Mormon. We were speaking in English, so I had much more energy and expression in my voice than I typically do in Slovene and I was really excited to share The Book of Mormon with him. We ended up meeting with him on Saturday and he actually came to church yesterday which is awesome. We handed him off the Elders to teach.

So that happened. Also, I gave my first talk in Slovene yesterday and I think it was the most difficult thing I have ever done. 

We had a fantastic lesson this week with a friend who lives outside of Celje who was really wanting to know how to find lasting peace and happiness in life, so we're really excited to meet again! The gospel of Jesus Christ brings lasting peace and happiness into our lives! Because of Jesus Christ, we can be changed each day and can become more like him. We can become the kind of people who our Heavenly Father wants us to become. The purpose of our lives is that we are preparing to return to our heavenly home with our Father in Heaven. That brings me lasting peace. The purpose of the Book of Mormon is to teach us how to find that lasting peace in this life and eternal life in the life to come. And Jesus Christ is at the center of it all! 

"And I will also be your light in the wilderness; and I will prepare the way before you,  if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments; wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall be led towards the promised land; and ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led." 1 Nephi 17: 13

This week was tough for me. I get knocked down a lot of times and sometimes I really didn't want to get back up again and I really wondered why I'm here. But this scripture has really helped me. The Lord promises that he will be our light and that as we keep his commandments, we can trust that he is guiding us and leading us towards our promised land. We may not always recognize that we are being led, but I truly believe that when we walk in faith, choosing the right, and following Jesus Christ, we CAN TRUST that we are being led by Jesus Christ in the way that he would have us go. Press forward with steadfastness in faith and trust in the promises of the Lord! 

I love you all! I'm grateful for the strength that we can receive in our lives through Jesus Christ. I believe that he can and will buoy us up and strengthen us through all things if we will turn to him. 

Love,

Sestra Brown

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Sister Brown! I enjoy hearing about your work as a missionary. This Sister Cheryl Alton. I recieved my patriarchal blessing on Sunday. The Holy Spirit was there washing over me during the blessing. As I progress in the faith of the full gospel of Jesus Christ, I remember my encounter with the Sister Missionaries last summer. And my enlightened mind as I discovered the truth of the gospel in the Book of Mormon. I encourage you to listen to the still small voice of the Holy Ghost and He will direct your path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl,
    This is beautiful. I am sending it on to Sestra Brown.
    Thank you for sharing this.
    Shaun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come Holy Spirit, our beloved Comforter, come into our hearts, fill us with Your Love.:)

    Slovenian language isnt difficult, at least not for me, because i am from Slovenia. :D If you want, i can help you with our slovenian language. :)

    I am the man you met on the street on Tuesday, Stephanie. :) I am the one who was sent by Jesus, our beloved Savior, to give you, in His Holy Name, the Word of God - the Book of Truth which was prophesied in the Holy Bible.

    The biggest wish of Jesus is that we help Him prepare all souls, all people we meet in our lives, for His Great Mercy - The Illumination of the conscience - the Great Warning, which is very close and for His Second Coming.

    Jesus desires that all of us prepare adequtely for His Second Coming by reading His Holy Word through the Book of Truth that was prophesied in the Holy Bible through prophet Daniel (Dan 10,21;12) and apostle John in the Book of Revelation (Rev 5).

    The Book with seven seals (Rev 5) = the Book of Truth (Dan 10,21;12)


    THE ILLUMINATION OF THE CONSCIENCE predicted by Our Lady in Garabandal in 1961 will take place soon to save the world.

    THE GREAT WARNING

    New prophecies reveal global events in the lead up to the Second Coming

    WHY IS THE WARNING TAKING PLACE?

     To prove to all that God exists.

     To bring everyone back to Jesus and the way of the truth.

     To dilute the impact of sin and evil in the world trough conversion.

     To help save us before the final Day of Judgement by giving us a chance to ask for forgiveness for the sins we have committed.

     To convert non-believers who would have no chance of redemption without this great act of mercy.

     To strengthen the faith of believers.

    WHAT WILL HAPPEN DURING THE WARNING?

     Every one over the age of 7 will experience a private mystical encounter with Jesus Christ which will last anything up to 15 minutes.

     It is a gift from God the Father to convert people back to the truth. It is how the Final Day of Judgement will unfold only this time you will not be condemned. Instead you will be given a chance to ask for forgiveness.

     Two comets will collide in the sky.

     People will believe it to be catastrophic worse than an earthquake, but it is not – it is a sign that Jesus has come.

     The Sky will turn red, it will look like a fire & then you will see a large cross in the sky to prepare you first.

     Atheists will say it was a global illusion. Scientists will look for a logical explanation but there won’t be one.

     It will be spectacular and will not hurt us because it comes as an act of Love and Mercy from Jesus.

     Our sins will be shown to us and this will make us feel tremendous sorrow and shame when they are revealed to us. Others will be so sickened and shocked by the way in which their sins will be revealed that they will drop dead before they have a chance to ask for forgiveness.

     Everyone will see the state of their soul before God- the good they have done in their lives, the grief they have inflicted on others and all that which they failed to do.

     Many people will fall down and cry tears of relief. Tears of joy and happiness. Tears of wonder and love.

     For at last, it will be possible to live a new life thereafter when we know the full truth.

    Jesus is now asking everyone to pray for those souls who will die of shock who may be in mortal sin. Everyone needs to prepare now. Jesus asks that all ask for the forgiveness of their sins in advance of The Warning.

    https://fatherofloveandmercy.wordpress.com/2015/09/24/information-about-the-warning/

    ReplyDelete