Monday, January 15, 2018

I believe in Jesus Christ

My favorite moment of this week happened Tuesday evening. There is a friend here who graduated from music school and is a very talented pianist. I've lived in Maribor for three months and had never heard him play, but on Tuesday he had been researching his family history with Sister Crnich and afterwards he sat down at the piano and began to play. It was so beautiful. The music was incredible, but even more beautiful was to see him have the courage to do something he loved despite the fear which he felt. He faced his fear and overcame it and it brought light into the lives of those who were blessed to be there.
Sometimes our fears hold us back and keep us from reaching the limitless potential which resides in us as children of God, particularly in those who have made powerful covenants with God.

I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe that he has the power and ability to lift us and strengthen us and change us. I have felt his strength buoy me up this week at times when I couldn't find any strength within myself. I have felt him take the burdens from my soul and bring me peace. I testify that He lives. I testify that He knows us each as the individuals who we are and this enables him to lift us in the individual way that we need.

Have a great week! 

Give an extra smile, laugh, and lift somebody who needs lifting.

Sestra Stephanie Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment