Monday, August 7, 2017

God's Peace

That's crazy about Janson! Sounds like he has a really great attitude though! I'm so proud of him.

Sometimes I sit down in front of the computer and my mind just feels blank. Like, "Excuse me, did somebody turn the lights off in here?" That's how I feel right now. I can't remember what happened this week! Čakaj, just give me a moment. I'm sure my memory will come back soon.

Okay, we're back in business! This week was crazy. Sestra Crosby and I feel like we were hardly even in Celje. We spent a day in Zagreb with some other missionaries from Sestra Crosby's MTC group. And we spent part of a day in Maribor putting on a musical fireside for the members there. I've got to say, they were not benefited musically by inviting me to join! But it was nice of them to invite us anyway :) 

Miracle of the week, hands down, goes to a beautiful French woman we met in Center. On Tuesday evening, we were walking around and talking with people, inviting them to learn more about Jesus Christ. At least, that's what we were trying to do. Even more than normal, it felt as if people didn't want to talk to us. Before we could even introduce ourselves as missionaries, we'd get the hand waving us away or the "Ne hvala" warding us off. 

We approached a woman who was rummaging through a large purse and really looked busy and distracted, only come to find out that she doesn't even speak Slovene because she's from Paris. We mentioned what we were doing (in English) and her eyes lit up and she said, "Really? I was just thinking about Jesus Christ and how I want him more in my life." She proceeded to walk straight over to the church with us, where we sat together and she had a chance to learn all about God's plan for us and for our families. It was incredible for me to see her light up each time she learned something new. 

She told us about how both of her parents had recently passed away and she wanted to know what happens after we die. We testified to her that her parents still live and that whe will be with them again. She looked up at us with wide open eyes and said, "Really? Will I really be with them again? That's so great!" It was so neat to see how Heavenly Father's plan for us brings lasting peace into our lives. It's the kind of peace that can't be replicated by anything on Earth, because it is peace that is not of this world. It's God's peace. It comes from him when we understand that we are his children and that he loves us. It was so neat to see this woman come to that knowledge and how it immediately changed her life. 

I know that God lives and that he loves us. I know that it is his goal for us that we return to his presence and live with him and with our families after life on Earth. I am so grateful for a Father in Heaven who wants us to know him and feel his love and who answers our prayers. And I'm so grateful for his son Jesus Christ who makes possible our return to our Father in Heaven.


Love, Sestra Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment